Sunday, October 23, 2011

Candle Tips

Don't you hate the ugly, burnt-out candle wick bloom that flakes into your candle and the terrible smell after you blow out a candle? Here are 2 easy fixes to those problems.  

Easy fix to problem #1 came from Harry Slatkin when he was a guest on The Martha Stewart Show years ago. The images below are self explanatory. All it takes is a gentle swipe with a dry paper towel and voila you have a fresh, clean wick. Be careful not to break your wick.

The solution to problem # 2 is the Wick Dipper. It's a funny name for a very useful product. I took pics of the box to explain its use.  I picked this item up in a gift shop out of curiosity and when I saw its purpose I knew I had to buy it.  I think if you can't find this product that any long metal object will also do the job but it might not look as fancy.  I give the Wick Dipper two thumbs up. 



 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. LOL this made me laugh because I obsess over my candle wicks. My husband thinks I'm a goon but I'm going to keep on being nutty about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a wick dipper but if it eliminates the smoke I'll sure give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...