Friday, January 13, 2012

Tale As Old As Time...Beauty and the Beast

Pinned Image
The re-release of "Beauty and the Beast" in 3D starts today. It perfectly coincides with my birthday weekend. This is my favorite Disney movie by far. I know that the graphics of the newer movies far exceed "Beauty and the Beast" but I just fell in love with this movie from the very first scene.  I still remember my mouth dropping in awe because the cartoon looked so life like.  So I'm excited to see what it looks like in 3D digitally enhanced. We'll probably feel like we're in the movie. 

I especially love the songs and sometimes when I'm feeling low I sing the songs to get my spirits moving or it gives me the words to express my feelings such as "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand that I want so much more than they have planned."

I love the movie so much I had my husband take me to the Broadway play for our anniversary in 1997. Here's some stuff I have on permanent display in my house.


This is a music box that plays "Tale as Old as Time".

Here's me with the Beast 20 years ago. I stood in line for a while to get this picture. Belle only wanted pics with little kids so I don't have a pic with her. I think she thought I was a freak because I was standing in line with a bunch of little kids. (Hey! I'm a kid at heart. How could she not understand that?) I made my husband watch the show (again) when we were at Disney World.

Pinned Image
One of my favorite scenes is when the Beast showed Belle his library.  It was just glorious. How I would love to have a library such as that!

Cogsworth Cupcake
Since it's my b-day this weekend I might be inspired by the movie to make Cogsworth cupcakes.  All it takes is Tootsie Rolls, marshmallows, Twizzler, chocolate chips, piping gel, candy, and slivered almonds to make this.

Beauty & The Beast (by www.sweetfantasies)
If my husband and I ever renew our vows this is the cake I might possibly choose.

For those of you who still like paper dolls here's a link to download Belle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...