Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'll Have Sugar and Water To Go With That


2012,when will you be finally over?  We got the worse news yesterday:  my dad has a cancerous cyst in his pancreas. My dad is 74 years old and he has a pacemaker, pulsatile tinnitus, dizziness, cataracts, and can barely sleep because when he lays down he can hear his heartbeat (which I think is really the major artery near his ear throbbing). Since August he's been going to the hospital and doctors trying to find out why his stomach hurts and he can't eat. He's lost a lot of weight and he's down to 125 pounds and his skin hangs off of him. The most recent CT scan finally revealed the growing cyst which we were hoping was benign. Unfortunately, it's an inoperable cancerous cyst and chemotherapy treatment must be started ASAP.

One thinks it can't get any worse.  Wrong. I asked my mom today if they have life insurance and she said the company cancelled on them earlier this year because they no longer supplied term life insurance.  My parents just spoke with an agent earlier this month to get new life insurance. My dad needs cataract surgery so the agent told them to get the cataracts removed and then to call her back after the surgery.  

Did life go along with their plan?  Nope. The cataract surgery was scheduled for December.  
Talk about a b*tch slap from Murphy's Law. All the years my parents have been paying for life insurance and then this hiccup occurs. It's like a double slap from Murphy.


Dear God,   
I need this button below to work right now.  
I feel like we're in a very dark tunnel and we can't see the light ahead.
I'm trusting and hoping in You.  
You are the God of hope.  
And right now hope is all I have.

Love,
Rhonda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...