Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude Challege Day 15

Teachers caught on tape bullying special-needs girl link


This news both sickens and saddens me to pieces!

Today I am grateful that my high-functioning autistic child is in a public school where he is treated kindly.

I am glad that the majority of the teachers at his school actually have the gift of teaching.
Many of the kids hug their teachers and that tells me that the teacher is liked/loved.

Do we live in the best school district? No, we don't. But seeing this video puts things into perspective for me.  I'd rather have my child in a school district that has a strict NO BULLYING policy than a school district that is recognized.  Our school may fail in other ways, but one thing I know for sure that when any report about bullying is made action is taken immediately.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you live in a good school district where you don't have to worry about this. Visiting from the Gratitude Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...