Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude Challenge Day 3

Pinned Image
Don't ever say to yourself, "I have nothing to wear."

This picture snaps my perspective back into the right place.  I'm going to hang this in my closet as a reminder for those times when I get close to tears because I feel like I look like the Michelin Man in my clothes. This is what I need to tell myself, "Umm, excuse me self but you look like the Michelin Man because you have food to eat. And it's not JUST food - it's darn good food. And you have several outfits to chose from and shoes to match. So stop complaining and start praising God."

Oh my goodness, the things we feel upset over because it's not up to our standards. How many people would love to trade places with any of us in America?  We are blessed with so much and yet we still feel the desire for more. If you battle shopaholism like me, this picture is the one to commit to memory.

We've been invited to a free dinner with Pastors Jimmy and Karen Evans at the Hilton Hotel.  I promise that I will NOT fret about how I look or what to wear. Instead I am going to dress with peace and thankfulness in my heart because I am so blessed that I have choices. Blessed that I can drive to a store and buy food and clothing. I don't have to grow food or sew my own clothes or beg for anything. Most importantly, I will be lifting up prayers for those less fortunate around the world.

I am meeting today's challenge with the gratitude of the basic necessities:  food, clothing, and shoes.

Matthew 6:25-30

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    25 “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes thegrass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

Click on the link to join the Gratitude Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Love love love this post! I don't suffer from shopaholism but rather from never knowing what to wear! Despite this, you're right, I have PLENTY to wear and need to be more grateful. Thanks for folloiwng I'm now following back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right ! We are so blessed but that person
    Might have started a new trend. Just gotta find a way to make
    soda bottles look sexy! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, it's so true that we can all get caught up in the unimportant things. Thanks for the follow, following you back :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reminder and great post! It really puts things in perspective when you see a pic like that doesn't it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a great reminder. Reminds me of a quote about "complaining about not having any shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"

    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...