Thursday, August 4, 2011

Food Addiction

Have you ever heard of the saying that if you can quit something for 30 days you've broken the habit?
I'm on Day 29 of the Hcg diet and I totally broke my diet tonight.
I missed it by 1 day!
I  don't know why I did either. I made a really good dinner. I roasted a fresh turkey and vegetables and made cranberry sauce using half the sugar and part Smart Sugar.  When my husband went to bed I should've followed him upstairs.  But instead I went to the kitchen to feed a craving.  It's that time of the month for me and I wanted something crunchy and salty. I couldn't find the bag of RiceWorks chips so I went with Pop Chips because they are still a better choice than regular chips. I ate about 10 but they still didn't hit the spot.  So I pulled out the bag of Lays BBQ chips thinking I will eat just one even though it has printed on the bag "Betcha You Can't Eat Just One."  I ended up eating about 10 chips and I was specifically looking for the bigger chips with seasoning.  Now I feel so fat and guilty.  What was I thinking?!?!

I feel like I can't stop my addiction to food. Why couldn't I be addicted to jogging? Can food count as a hobby? Because that's what it is to me. I like watching food shows, I read cookbooks for fun, I like to bake goodies and I take pictures of food.

So now it's 1:30 am in the morning and I'm doing leg lifts to burn some calories and watching "Project Runway" and wondering how in the world is Heidi Klum smaller after having 4 children?.

I already know that I will dread getting on the scale for the next 2 days.  I hope I didn't blow my 29 days of dieting to pieces all because of some chips.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. You shoulda just went to bed with your husband. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...