Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Duran Duran Concert

After all these years I finally saw Duran Duran in concert up close. My seats have always been in lower or upper balcony. This time we were on 6th row - yeah baby! My husband got tickets as part of my anniversary present. The concert was great and Simon still croons wonderfully.  Only one element was missing - Andy Taylor (original guitarist).  It would have been better if he was there. I think Andy added a rock-n-roll sound that is missing from their current albums. I've only seen Andy Taylor play with Power Station (miss you Robert Palmer) but never with Duran Duran.  The concert was almost 2 hours long even though it didn't seem like it. They didn't play all their hits which was bit of a disappointment. I would've have liked to see them play "New Moon on Monday," "Save a Prayer,"and Is There Something I Should Know".

When I was was 14 years old I thought that I was destined to marry a member of Duran Duran. I was totally and crazy in love with them.  My friends and I spent all our babysitting money on Duran Duran paraphernalia, talked about Duran2 on the phone and in person, wrote each other notes addressed to Mrs. Nick Rhodes or Mrs. John Taylor, we drove our parents crazy with our obsession, and literally every spare inch of our bedroom walls were covered with their pics pulled out of teen mags. I think we were stalkers in training. My mind was so occupied with them 24/7. I knew all their stats and deets which is funny to me today because I can barely remember the formal title of their songs.

My husband and I have a theme song from our teen years called "Kiss Me" by a band Tin Tin aka Stephen Duffy.  The chorus is "Kiss me with your mouth, your love is better than wine but wine is all I have...." I was so surprised years later when I was reading the bible and saw our song in the Song of Solomon.  What my hubby doesn't know is that Stephen Duffy actually formed Duran Duran with John Taylor and Nick Rhodes.
John Taylor
Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Dom Brown
Simon Le Bon
Rio
Proof I was there

Good Byes
this photo is from popcultureblog.dallasnews.com

Duran Duran Set List on October 6, 2011

  1. Encore:
  2. (With Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax)

1 comment:

  1. so awesome. DD was my first concert ever! Well, in the states. I went to see Menudo back home (shhhh). Still love my boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...