Thursday, July 28, 2011

1 Low Carb Recipe, 20 Dessert Recipes, 1 Hcg recipe

Being the dedicated dieter that I am I spent an hour looking at Martha Stewart Cookies of the Week recipes going all the way back to February.  I printed about 20 recipes and then I realized that I was sabotaging myself.  So I searched for a low carb recipe and found one that might be decent - Coconut-Lime Mousse - from Atkins website. I am itching to bake something but I cannot break this diet. I have worked so hard just to lose 8 lbs.  However, next Friday I do get to bake sugar cookies for my niece's Alice In Wonderland themed b-day party.  I am going to make "Eat Me" cookies in the shape of mushrooms. That is if I can find a mushroom cookie cutter.  I was telling my sisters and nieces what I planned and they asked why mushrooms.  If you recall in the book Alice nibbles one side of a mushroom to grow and the other side to shrink.  One of my nieces said "She was getting shroomed." Anyway, I just hope I can prevent myself from popping those into my mouth...the cookies...not the shrooms.

I lost another pound.  Last night I made a dinner which was actually enjoyable. I found out that some people actually use virgin coconut oil while on the Hcg diet. For some people that causes a stall in weight loss and for the lucky ones they have no problem.  I decided to risk it and use a tablespoon of oil.  But it must be organic virgin coconut oil.  I found mine at Kroger in their health food section.

Recipes for my dish and coconut lime mousse follows.  All the cookie recipes are at www.marthastewart.com.







I don't have a name for the dish so I'll just call it Beef Stew.

1 pound Laura's Lean Stew Beef
1/2 large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves sliced (I like garlic 1 garlic clove is sufficient)
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil.

Brown the meat with the onions and garlic in a non-stick pan with the water and oil.

When meat is almost fully brown season with:
1-2 tsp Braggs Liquid Amino
1 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce (not approved so only 1 tblsp)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp ginger

A couple of shakes of:
Lawry's seasoned salt
garlic salt
garlic pepper
salt
steak dust

Add:
1/2 cup cooked peas (this is definitely not on the approved list. May want to add sliced celery instead.)

I'm giving approximations on measurements because I don't measure I just eyeball ingredients and taste the dish and add accordingly to personal taste.

This needs to simmer for at least 20 minutes because stew meat is tough.

===========================================================
Here's the low carb recipe for Coconut-Lime Mousse.  I haven't actually tried this yet because I have not officially gone into the maintenance phase.  But I assume anything with cream and cheese is going to taste marvelous after doing Hcg for 3 weeks.



Ingredients:
    2 ounces cream cheese 4 packets granular sugar substitute (sucralose) ¼ cup fresh lime juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:
1. Using an electric mixer, beat together 2 oz soft cream cheese and 4 packets of sweetener until smooth.
2. Slowly add 1/4 cup lime juice, beating until creamy.
3. Beat in 1 tsp coconut extract (use instead of vanilla if available for more coconut flavor) and 1 cup heavy cream until fluffy.
4. Place in four bowls, sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes (optional, don't foget to add in extra NC carbs) and refridgerate until serving. 
Nutritional Information
Per Serving:
Net Carbs: 4.6 grams
Fiber: 0.0 grams
Protein: 2.0 grams
Fat: 27.0 grams
Calories: 266


Recipe Information:
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Categories:  Desserts, Vegetarian, Phase Two, Phase Three, Phase Four.




1 comment:

  1. I tried the coconut-lime mousse. It was okay. Would be much better with sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...